Building x86 uberapp

YES! :smiley: I have a successful build!

And successful test! :partying_face:

Wohoo! Would you mind adding s PR for uhcalltest and also add a section in the docs titled “adding uapps” with salient points from this discussion?

Thanks @Cap!

Will do! I’ll knock this out tonight.

Awesome! Thanks @Cap!

PR submitted. Adds uhcalltest hypapp for x86 and adds documentation section about adding hypapps for both rpi3 and x86.

Out of curiosity, I attempted to add uhcalltest with hyperdep (without replacing any of the existing uapps). However, When I attempt to boot the hypervisor, I get an error: GEEC_SENTINEL(ln:271): Uncrecognized transition. Halting!

Any insights as to why this is occurring?

see complete log: add_hypapp.log (30.5 KB)

Thanks @Cap! I just pushed a couple of minor commits to the PR branch, so please pull. Also, can you revise the PR to make sure that hyperdep is the default uobj instead of uhcalltest? I am assuming you describe how you can switch out hyperdep for uhcalltest within the docs.

I can merge once you get a chance to make the aforementioned changes.

Thanks!

Adding a new extension is a little more involved currently and will require tweaking the memory map and size within include/xmhf-config.h (including definitions like XMHFGEEC_xxx_BASE/MAX_IDX ) and uxmhf-common.mk.in (including UXMHF_TOTAL_xxSLABS, XMHF_CONFIG_LOADADDR, XMHF_CONFIG_LOADMAXSIZE, XMHF_CONFIG_LOADMAXADDR)

OK, I had changed the BASE/MAX_IDX defines. But didn’t change anything in uxmhf-common.mk.in

So in the docs should I mention that currently it only supports 4 uapps?

@amitvasudevan, updated the PR to make hyperdep the default uobj.

The docs discuss adding an uapp, which switching an existing one out is a subset of. The only thing I don’t mention is anything wrt a limitation on the total number of uapps (see previous post). I can easily add a one liner to that effect

Thanks @Cap!

Perhaps we can say that the preferred method of adding uapps currently is to switch out to the uapp of choice while preserving the memory map.

We can then add a blurb based on the paragraph in my post above which mentions changing the required definitions within xmhf-config h and uxmhf-common.mk.in in case someone wants to expand the memory map and add additional uapps.

Let me know when you have had the chance to revise the docs based on the above. I can then merge this PR.

Thanks again for your contribution!

PR updated. The docs now reflect these discussions.

A post was split to a new topic: üApp Crypto Library

Linked PR and merge information to OP. Made a few refinements to the docs and have merged into develop. Closing thread. Thanks @Cap!

1 Like